Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss No longer available for work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TWD

Hi Guys,

After giving it careful consideration I will no longer be offering web design services as TWD / Tradesman Web Design.

I hope you all have a positive 2015 and wish you the best for the future.

ps - mods - could you please remove the TWD promotional link and my status as a forum sponsor.

Sorry to hear that mate, good luck with any future ventures.

please tell me you haven't signed up to a 6week plumbing course......:hand:

Errr no, Why would I throw away over 15 years expertise to do that?

I didn't say I was giving up on Web Design - just on this particular industry.

Well, it's a pity as the comments you received were largely constructive. The ability to deal with feedback is pretty important if you want to grow as a person and as a business.

By the way, I looked at your own website, the TWD one. It's not a particularly flattering showcase for your "15 years of expertise". Two of your four case studies have zero content, just the " Lorem ipsum" placeholder text. One has some headings but no depth of content or detail on exactly how you achieved the client's aims - which is the main purpose of a case study! Bad grammar and spelling all over. For someone purporting to be able to help market other businesses, you've done a pretty sub-optimal job of selling yourself...

Well, it's a pity as the comments you received were largely constructive. The ability to deal with feedback is pretty important if you want to grow as a person and as a business.

By the way, I looked at your own website, the TWD one. It's not a particularly flattering showcase for your "15 years of expertise". Two of your four case studies have zero content, just the " Lorem ipsum" placeholder text. One has some headings but no depth of content or detail on exactly how you achieved the client's aims - which is the main purpose of a case study! Bad grammar and spelling all over. For someone purporting to be able to help market other businesses, you've done a pretty sub-optimal job of selling yourself...

Masood, Well you could have pm'd me - but you would rather make public comments - why? hmmm

oh dear. scratch sense of humour off your c.v

oh dear. scratch sense of humour off your c.v

Between you and Masood - I really need one eh. Why are you two so interested in my threads and what I do - neither of you even seem to have a website!

i dont see how that matters, i dont have a set of ti tties, but it doesnt mean im not interested in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
and actually i do have a website, another one about to be completed, and another 4 by the end of the year.

Ohhh, that's why you're such an expert - Links?

Have to go now - I'll pop back later to check them out :)

i never claimed to be an expert. you did however!

i believe the modern nomenclature is 'epic fail'

Masood, Well you could have pm'd me - but you would rather make public comments - why? hmmm

You chose the public forum to advertise yourself. You chose to have a hissy fit when given constructive criticism. You chose to throw your toys out of the pram and no longer deal with plumbers.

Why suddenly the need for secrecy? I do have a site. It's not perfect but we're getting there. I also have a reviews page which is unmoderated by me or my web designer. When you put yourself up for public scrutiny, you need a strong chin and the humility to accept that there will ALWAYS, without fail, be something that could be improved. If I got a poor review, I wouldn't suddenly decide not to deal with that person any more, I'd ask them for more detail so I could improve myself.

I don't have any personal beef with you, but you are selling a service which at the moment is poor quality. We get a lot of people doing similar. I want nothing more than for you to take constructive criticism on board, provide good-looking website with accurately written copy, and make a living whilst helping others do the same. You seem to want to churn out poor quality work, get paid for it, and be immune from having your mistakes scrutinised. I call that a rip-off.

You chose the public forum to advertise yourself. You chose to have a hissy fit when given constructive criticism. You chose to throw your toys out of the pram and no longer deal with plumbers.

Why suddenly the need for secrecy? I do have a site. It's not perfect but we're getting there. I also have a reviews page which is unmoderated by me or my web designer. When you put yourself up for public scrutiny, you need a strong chin and the humility to accept that there will ALWAYS, without fail, be something that could be improved. If I got a poor review, I wouldn't suddenly decide not to deal with that person any more, I'd ask them for more detail so I could improve myself.

I don't have any personal beef with you, but you are selling a service which at the moment is poor quality. We get a lot of people doing similar. I want nothing more than for you to take constructive criticism on board, provide good-looking website with accurately written copy, and make a living whilst helping others do the same. You seem to want to churn out poor quality work, get paid for it, and be immune from having your mistakes scrutinised. I call that a rip-off.

Rip off - that's cheeky - you ought to back that up mate.

Let's be fair other than typo's in the copy (which was supplied) why do you think this is a poor quality site?

Lads calm down this is public forum and twd was good enough to be a sponsor lets just leave it be. And all move on into 2015.

good luck for the future twd

GM and I have agreed this will be the final word on the matter, as posted to GM in a PM..

Hi,

I think that I need to address massood, he made some quite 'damaging' criticisms which I think it's only right I address.

Could my reply be posted....maybe even reopen the thread.

Time to address your points...

You chose to throw your toys out of the pram and no longer deal with plumbers.

After a year - I have done three jobs - less than £1k of work - could you live off that

Why suddenly the need for secrecy?

It's known as courtesy

I do have a site. It's not perfect but we're getting there. I also have a reviews page which is unmoderated by me or my web designer. When you put yourself up for public scrutiny, you need a strong chin and the humility to accept that there will ALWAYS, without fail, be something that could be improved. If I got a poor review, I wouldn't suddenly decide not to deal with that person any more, I'd ask them for more detail so I could improve myself.

So because your unmoderated reviews are poor I need to accept unfair, uninformed and unqualified criticism from you?

I don't have any personal beef with you, but you are selling a service which at the moment is poor quality.

But both my customers are happy so far?

We get a lot of people doing similar.

I think people can speak for themselves, don't you?

I want nothing more than for you to take constructive criticism on board, provide good-looking website with accurately written copy, and make a living whilst helping others do the same.

Again with the copy! I didn't write it!

You seem to want to churn out poor quality work, get paid for it, and be immune from having your mistakes scrutinised. I call that a rip-off.

If that's what others are thinking then I have made the right choice but, I don't believe it is.
These sites look better and have better content than 90% of plumbers websites so I think that they will do very well for my customers if they promoted them and when compared with their local competition.

If you think you can get better for the price of these sites then go there - better yet - show me them on here and I could up my game if I haven't delivered what I promised my customers but in the end plumbers generally don't see value in investing in a website - they've told me this themselves in other threads - so why would I continue to serve a market where there is no demand.

Enjoy 2015 Masood - Thank you for giving me the opportunity to present my side - you raised some interesting - but ultimately flawed points

Thread remains closed.

almost the final word....

May i take this opportunity in thanking TWD for his input of sponsorship of the 'ukplumbersforum' for 2014!.

this forum needs such 'pioneers' to help keep our forums running, be it a good financial investment or not-without them there will be no forum and it is with regret that it has not worked out for him!. TWD has PAID to market his trade with us and rest of you continue using this forum for free!!. hats off to TWD as with his foresight it has helped ukplumbers become stronger!!.

may i take this opportunity on behalf of the admin team here at ukplumbers in wishing TWD a prosperous 2015 and many thanks for your business in 2014.:rockon2:

message to members:
ANY member slating the sponsors of ukplumbers forums on open threads will have their account removed 'permanently' without prior notice!

over and out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No longer available for work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock