Discuss No hot water - any help greatly appreciated!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

caroline.turley

Hi,

A few days ago I noticed that the hot water in the kitchen sink was becoming cold every few minutes, till eventually no hot water was coming out at all. Now we have no hot water coming out of any taps or the shower....unless we have another tap somewhere else in the house running at the same time.

We have a combi boiler, which I would guess to be about 5 years old. We have lived in this house for 3 years an no other problems with heating or plumbing.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Caroline

Does your heating work

Are there any flashing lights or fault codes on your boiler

Any idea of the boiler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

It's a Worcester - 28CDi

The heating works fine :eek:

And....there are no flashing lights or any indication of a fault!

Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely an issue with the diverter valve diaphragm caroline ... Get yourself a GasSafe engineer out... some good guys on here ... Whereabouts in the country are you?

So not something I can sort out myself then?!? Not the news I was hoping for!

I'm in Swindon.

Certainly not something you want to attempt yourself. Make sure whoever attends is Gas Safe Registered.

You really shouldn't meddle with gas. It will easily kill you and your family or whoever else may be in the premises.

The money a good gas safe registered operative will charge is not excessive, just we are highly trained and will fix the problem in the most efficient way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming the flow of water out of the taps hasn't changed Caroline yeh? If not to a large extent then it's unlikely that you can fix it!

No..The flow of water has not changed.

Ok - looks like i'll have to get someone out to have a look then.

Yeah divertor then in all likelyness. Shouldn't be a fortune Caroline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water - any help greatly appreciated!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock