Search the forum,

Discuss no heating- faulty wireless receiver ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My central heating failed to come on as timed a couple of days ago. Hot water is working fine.
Boiler is a worcester Greenstar compact fitted new almost 6 years ago and serviced regularly.
The wireless thermostat is a Salus ST620RF. There is a signal getting to the receiver from the thermostat as I can see the green light flashing on the receiver but boiler does not switch on.
If I move the switch on the receiver from Auto to Manual, the unit clicks several times, the green light also flashes several times then the boiler kicks in and the central heating switches on. The green light stays on all the time this is switched to manual.
I suspect that the relay in the receiver may be faulty and intend replacing both the receiver and wireless thermostat, I am having problems locating the Salus units so will probably choose another make.
Before I do this, is there any checks I can do to ensure the fault IS with the wireless receiver and not another problem with the boiler.

many thanks

If the boiler fires ( and stays on) with the receiver set to manual, then the issue is within the thermostat unit, either the transmitter or the receiver.

In my experience, it is more likely to be a loss of communication between the transmitter and receiver rather than the relay.

Assuming that you have already fitted new batteries, I would try clearing the unit and rebinding the thermostst to the receiver

Thanks for the speedy reply, I will get some new batteries once the shops open, and try clearing and re-binding the units.
[automerge]1572423636[/automerge]
Just an update:
I fitted new batteries to the thermostat ( although the original batteries were not that old ) then reset everything,
All seemed well yesterday, thermostat was switching boiler central heating on and off as it should to maintain the correct temperature.

However this morning, the timer turned on the CH as it should but when I checked about 5 mins later the CH was off !!!

The thermostat display was showing that it was sending a signal to the boiler ( receiver ) but the blue light was OFF

I switched to manual on the receiver, but the receiver clicked about 4 or 5 times while flashing blue at the same time, before I got a steady blue ON light and the boiler CH clicked on.

I intend having another look at the weekend when I have more time.............................. probably start from scratch again to make sure I have not missed anything

Last edited:
Yes, that would be a straight swap.

Ensure that the Honeywell (BDR91)receiver is no closer than 600mm to any large metallic objects or any other wireless receiver.

Thanks for that.

When you say ' no closer than 600mm to any large metallic objects ' I am presuming you are not including the boiler ? ( which is a large metallic object )
the current receiver is close to the boiler and has been working OK for the past 6 years or so.

Reply to no heating- faulty wireless receiver ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock