Discuss No flow through rads - Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to a call out due to no heating and hot water and the pump looked out of the box brand new. Could feel flow pipe just past pump was cold even though boiler was in and only a few feet away. Was debating if it could be the pump or not. 5 mins to change pump and sure enough all working ok again. Customer a bit upset as pump was a year old. It was a Wilo one, I swapped it for a Grundfos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any compression fittings around the boiler and pump area? Check for blockages, build up of sludge

Similar to above, but blockage in combined F&E leading to air in pump and was cause of failure.

Customer has the arse that I've charged for 4hrs and not fixed it, so not going back - Oh well.
Good luck!

Need a spare pump on the van I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No flow through rads - Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock