Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Nice Little Project in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
See the multitude of issues with this badboy? It wasn't my install.

uploadfromtaptalk1436374628597.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1436374715261.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1436374715261.jpg

Basically filled the cylinder and nearly everything leaked.

I've got to replumb it tomorrow ... I'm looking forward to it!!

someone cant solder :D and is that a blending valve on the cold in?

It's a blending valve on the gravity cold in when it should be on mains and not capped off..

think someones at your comp only doing pressurized installs :D

So here is my refit pipework... (Shaun, no comments in the soldering lol)
Took me all bloody day as was paranoid about my joints so went over some of them twice if I saw the slightest gap.. also had to drain down and repair his leaks, remove immersion etc..

But I'm quite pleased with my work. Most importantly, no leaks! I think I'm improving :).. or maybe I'll wait to hear the abuse first before I get too happy lol

uploadfromtaptalk1436462704420.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1436462733732.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1436462774922.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1436462797294.jpg

very nice job i can only find one fault/niggle no swept bend on the hot water outs/mixed and i thought you said your soldering wasnt good ? that very good mate no long runs and no flux stains :)

very nice job i can only find one fault/niggle no swept bend on the hot water outs/mixed and i thought you said your soldering wasnt good ? that very good mate no long runs and no flux stains :)
I filed down the snot on one of them before I took the pic ;) haha

Good job mate, just be careful that cylinder lagging doesn't take much to burn and discolour! But that's being hard on you mate:90:

Good job mate, just be careful that cylinder lagging doesn't take much to burn and discolour! But that's being hard on you mate:90:
Yeah I discouloured a bit by the mixer valve as my heat mat fell off mid way through DOH ;)

Yeah I discouloured a bit by the mixer valve as my heat mat fell off mid way through DOH ;)

Don't be too hard on yourself mate it's easily done and I've seen plenty worse burns!! Good work though Jay.

Cheers everyone, I'm quite proud of it. Had I been given this job 6 months ago I'd have called in sick [emoji14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nice Little Project in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the...
Replies
Views
I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing...
Replies
Views
Hi guys not sure anyone has encountered this before but I have a job where the inside wall has been getting a little damp, there was a step up to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock