Search the forum,

Discuss Next door's flue is making a gurgling noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Milomouse

Hi

Next door's flue is making a scary gurgling and popping noise - they're away for Easter so we can't go round, does it sound dangerous to any of you professionals? :eek:

Thanks Hilary

Hi Hilary

Thats a very strange noise, it sounds like water running down a waste/soil pipe.

Never heard a boiler make that noise before im afraid.

I know what it is :D

And no will just lockout but needs sorting

Needs a service and a clean as soon as they get back

Hi
No neither have we it's definitely their flue as you can hear it and see fumes when their boiler fires up - at first we thought it was ours but now I'm not sure what's worse - we can switch ours off

I know what it is :D

And no will just lockout but needs sorting

Needs a service and a clean as soon as they get back
Anything they can do or anybody they can ring in the meantime?

Anything they can do or anybody they can ring in the meantime?

as its not there property no other than if its rented or maybe building management (if they pay a yearly charge) sorry

• Informative
Reactions: Dan
o_O So it's not dangerous? The property isn't rented it's owned by next door but as they're are away and we're semi-attached to them I'm a little worried as every time their boiler ignites the noise is getting worse

Thanks Hilary :)

Got one of these by the sounds of it.

When are they back?

Gremlins-real_9500839db2ce5dbc.jpg

Looks like a flat so most probably a combi, the only reason it would come on during daytime is if they forgot to turn down the room thermostat. You can save them a few ££ by turning off their gas supply at the meter, looks like the type of property with banked external meters.

o_O So it's not dangerous? The property isn't rented it's owned by next door but as they're are away and we're semi-attached to them I'm a little worried as every time their boiler ignites the noise is getting worse

Thanks Hilary :)

no, wont blow up or cause an elec fire

Good thinking batman!

but write a note / letter through the door telling them what you have done and why

• Agree
As shaun says best put a note through the door just in case you miss them on their return . Regards kop

Last edited:
  • Agree
Hi Thanks for all your replies, yes it will be a combi boiler, we're a 3 story house and if it's all safe I'll leave well alone :)

Thanks again Hilary

• Informative
Keston boilers usually make that sound when installed in a basement and the condense runs back down the flue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Next door's flue is making a gurgling noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock