Discuss Newly qualified - need help with Worcester Bosch CDi or Alpha 2 pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

This is my first post so go easy.

Just installed santon 250l indirect and W/B Greenstar 40CDi in 5 bedroom house- 2 sealed systems.

Though I'd give the Grundfos Alpha 2 a go on this one as customer didnt take me up on replacing the 6 out of 18 rads that dont have trvs.

I have also added a honeywell wireless stat and honey well 2 channel programmer.

Anyway, this job has been done by the book..powerflush, scale reducer, TF1 filter, heating flushed again, pipes cleaned and wiring triple checked.

So I turn on boiler and everything fires up nice..all rads get hot..so I drain down to get rid of any muck..add inhibitor and change a trv..fill up again and NOTHING.

Then I look at the bosch display and its reading 95 degrees but its not even fired up! So I think pump problem but I'm getting 240 to it..took offf head and all seems ok. I

Is it likely a sensor on a new bosch boiler?

Anyone had any probs with Alpha 2?

Also, how much do you think I should charge for powerflush 18 rads, 250l santon premier plus unvented, W/B 40 cdi with honeywell controls, removal of all rubbish been there 5 days

Any advice appreciated

air probably locked in heat exchanger. see if there is an aav in boiler and check if it's working. turn all off, bleed everything!!

i had a similar problem on a worcester cdi the aav was stuck shut so it couldnt vent undo the nipple cap and give it a gentle press down
that should do the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Newly qualified - need help with Worcester Bosch CDi or Alpha 2 pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
I need a little help if possible as I am trying to check that my current system is running efficiently but not really sure how to check, sorry if...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon everyone, I am hoping you may be able to help me. I have a Worcester Bosch 19/24CBI boiler and it keeps cycling. When trying to...
Replies
Views
I have a 16 year-old Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDi combi boiler, which is recently suffering from intermittent issues with the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
D
Not sure how long this has been happening but some symptoms have been there a while - only noticed now as the house is cold in this weather plus I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock