Search the forum,

Discuss New way of learning plumbing on Facebook, Please Help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris watkins

Esteemed
Plumber
I know we have had one or two of these before but this request from a fellow plumbing teacher which could, if he is successful, really help in the training of the next generation, so come on spare a few moments of your time & vote so it gets the funding required.

"Dr Simon Reddy, Master Plumber and Plumbing Teacher is developing a new curriculum of teaching and learning via Facebook that will benefit anyone learning plumbing".

Please watch the video and make a vote!

https://elevator.jisc.ac.uk/e/startu...ebook-pedagogy

Please let us know what you think, will it help?

Many thanks for your time

Chris

Last edited:
Well that sparked a hot debate, NOT !

Thanks to my old mate SimonG for the like,

Still it looks like a couple of you may have voted as it is now up to a dizzy 137 votes.

Still you won't have to put up with me for over two weeks I am on my hol's :party::waving:

This strategy brings the workplace to the classroom while helping plumbing students to understand real-life problems. It is simple and every student and tutor can do it. What is there not to like?

The project has been running at City College Plymouth since last October - it works! If you are on a plumbing course, then get your tutors to start making Facebook closed-groups for the students or provide tutors with the link.

I would think that this is the future of assessment in plumbing, along with being at the core of the plumbing curriculum.

remember to make a vote [DLMURL]https://elevator.jisc.ac.uk/e/startu...ebook-pedagogy[/DLMURL]

There will much more to come on this strategy in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New way of learning plumbing on Facebook, Please Help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock