Search the forum,

Discuss New tubes Vs old ones.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

I have a mate thats bought a house with old tubes on it, we reckon 10, maybe even 15 years old. They seem to work ok, he is considering changing over to a new system - question is, is a new system MUCH better than an old one? WOuld it really be worth the expense of it? I cant fit it, dont know anything about it, not my arena.
Your advice would be gratefully received.

What are the tubes driving? Just hot water? Thermal store?

if its not broke and working whats the sense in spending money on changing it.

Let it run, and see if it provides enough hot water for your mate's needs. If it provides most or all of his needs, then there isn't much point in upgrading to having more free hot water than he can use.

If he is having to top it up a lot with paid-for fuel, only then is it worth trying to do the calcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New tubes Vs old ones.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock