Discuss New thermostat doesn't turn on combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think it will work as you’ve wired up the live to the neutral on the stat

So stat side remove the blue wire

Boiler side remove both and only put the brown wire where the blue wire is

Should work now unless you’ve blown the receiver
what he said . .

Wait wait wait :)
The Thermostat has 2 blue wires, one in the black wire (the left 2 wires) and one in the white wire (the right 2 wires). Which one should I remove?
The way it's connected now the thermostat turns on, so I'd think the live and neutral are correctly connected no?

Black set of wire sheathed

what he said . .
The Thermostat has 2 blue wires, one in the black wire (the left 2 wires) and one in the white wire (the right 2 wires). Which one should I remove?
The way it's connected now the thermostat turns on, so I'd think the live and neutral are correctly connected no?

See above black sheathed wires

Alright so just to make sure, this is what I'm supposed to do:
1.jpg

2.jpg

Correct that’s it . .

The way Shaun has described will work ( as you have marked up) , in essence using the 240v positive from the thermostat transmitter rather than the feed from the boiler as it was designed to do. Just think how a light switch operates it opens and closes the live (positive) side of the circuit ( or should do if wired correctly)

Reactions: Lou
Well that worked, you guys are geniuses, thanks a million !
Still not clear though why the way I originally connected it didn't work, since that thermostat basically acts like a switch between the 230v supply from the boiler no?

No. The thermostat wired in the way you connected it was delivering 240v across the boiler terminals. Without being tedious, the positive feed to the thermostat transmitter should be taken from the boiler terminal 2 not the mains incommer to the boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New thermostat doesn't turn on combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I
I've had my tado system in my new build for 5 years now and it's been fine. Yesterday morning I changed the batteries on the second floor...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and realised that there is no room external thermostat wired to the Ideal Combi boiler. There is only...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night...
Replies
Views
Hi wonder if anyone can help. Had no issues last year. Have Valiant ecoTEC plus and Drayton thermostat. I have tended to leave thernostat and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock