Search the forum,

Discuss New set of Allen keys in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djob

Hello I'm looking at buying a new set of Allen keys, just curious to what you guys use or would buy? I'm fed of sub standard Allen keys bending!! Thanks

what you doing with allens keys?? hes not in between 8 and 4.30 if it helps ;)

Nothing specific right now but there is always a time when you wish you had them on you and as the cheap ones I have just ruin my day whenever I try and use them I'd like a decent set..

Bacho set £20 and machine mart ones 7.99 on a rail. When I loose them or some on nicks them it's no big deal. Now a beta or snap on set would make u angry

I also got feed up with bad allen keys. Got a wera set from screwfix for about £20 and are excellent

Snapped the ball clean off that free grunny one one first pump, hex keys should always go in square and the use the knuckle on extension to get an angle. .

Got a set of Irwin T handled ones in the Christmas sale a couple of years ago, they have refused to die so far.
Anything tight tight gets the 3/8" or 1/2" drive ones though...

got a nice set of snap on allen keys, lovely and strong, use for all my oil work, found them under an oil boiler I was servicing in an empty house up for sale :)

got a nice set of snap on allen keys, lovely and strong, use for all my oil work, found them under an oil boiler I was servicing in an empty house up for sale :)

Nice ! I must have left them. Did they have made in USA stamped on them? Metric aswell , metal? Yeh defo the ones I lost when I was oftec ?

Ooh well I do that many jobs.... It had a roof, windows and radiators? Skirting was white ish. They were selling it as parents too old / dead

I have the proxon set from Axminster tools for the money you can't go wrong

These with a 3/8 small ratchet. Never mind "snap on" this will snap anything OFF!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New set of Allen keys in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
M
If I dropped an Allen key down a drain, do I have to get it out? What happens if I don't will stuff just build up around it and eventually block...
Replies
Views
I’ve cleaned the grooves and tightened the grub screw at the bottom, but this tap handle (on the right of the photo) just won’t stay put. When...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sorry I'm not a plumber so go easy on me. I have a triton shower (see images) below, I don't know the model as it was here before me...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock