Discuss New Plumbing Business - Need Help With Business Plan & Estimating Cashflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pink-Plumbing

Hi

Im currently in the process of writing a business plan for my new plumbing venture Im starting.

Im just wondering a couple of things:

I need some accurate estimates of what sort of jobs and the number of jobs what are available. I appreciate my area will be totally different to yours but I was wondering if some other full time plumbers could provide me with rough ideas of the type & amount of work they do so I can make some basic estimates for cashflow.

Also can you let me know your charge-out rates, either hourly or by job and your callout rates so I can use this information when preparing my estimates?

One last thing, what Key Performance Indicators would you suggest I used? My initial thoughts were simply number of jobs completed, gross profit and net profit? Any other ideas on this front?

Thanks in advance
V

You need local information Re:- Rates etc. in order to see what your market will stand. This can be gained via phone calls to existing plumbers in your area. However from your post it seems funding is needed? My advise would be to think again if taking on loans. The state of the UK economy is the result of to much credit. With the householders lack of spending at the present time, borrowing to enter a falling market is not a wise move. As the entrance fee can be added up in thousands. Please be careful

You need local information Re:- Rates etc. in order to see what your market will stand. This can be gained via phone calls to existing plumbers in your area. However from your post it seems funding is needed? My advise would be to think again if taking on loans. The state of the UK economy is the result of to much credit. With the householders lack of spending at the present time, borrowing to enter a falling market is not a wise move. As the entrance fee can be added up in thousands. Please be careful

Thanks for your advice, I have some savings and am looking into certain interest-free funding options to supplement this. I will be starting off with a part-time job running alongside my plumbing business until I have built a customer base up. Regardless of whether I use the cashflow estimates for loans or not, I believe preparation is the key to success!

I did not wish to offend, just add some realism to the debate. With jobbing work a bag of tools, transport and a lot of knowledge is all that's required. Cash flow should never be an issue, as one never leave a job with out payment.
If you intend to market your services? Include credit card payments, although you will pay approx. 2.8% of the gross it will attract clients, as the plumbing problems they suffer are not part of their normal monthly expenditure. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Plumbing Business - Need Help With Business Plan & Estimating Cashflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock