Search the forum,

Discuss New House no Rainwater Drains ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

westcountrycat

Hi All,

Can anyone point me to the regulations on rainwater drainage. Does a new build, 2 up two down house size, have to have drains or can they just stick guttering up and hope the garden soaks it up ?

Tried to find info on planning portals etc but can't find any.

Thank you !

Most new developments will put stormwater drains to soakways,either individual or communal.This protects the foul drainage and treatment works which would otherwise be overwhelmed in severe storm conditions.

Full details of the requirements are given in Part H3 Page 39 onwards.
[DLMURL]https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/442889/BR_PDF_AD_H_2015.pdfRainwater[/DLMURL] drainage H3. Requirement
(1) Adequate provision shall be made for rainwater to be
carried from the roof of the building.
(2) Paved areas around the building shall be so constructed as to be adequately drained.
(3) Rainwater from a system provided pursuant to sub- paragraphs (1) or (2) shall discharge to one of the following, listed in order of priority:
(a) an adequate soakaway or some other adequate infiltration system; or, where that is not reasonably practicable,
(b) a watercourse; or, where that is not reasonably practicable,
(c) a sewer.
Requirement H3(2) applies only to paved areas:
(a) which provide access to the building pursuant to requirement M1 (access and use of buildings other than dwellings), or requirement M2 (access to extensions to buildings other than dwellings), or requirement M4(1), (2) or (3) (access to and use of dwellings);
(b) which provide access to or from a place of storage pursuant to requirement H6(2) (solid waste storage); or
(c) in any passage giving access to the building, where this is intended to be used in common by the occupiers of one or more other buildings.
Requirement H3(3) does not apply to the gathering of rainwater for re-use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New House no Rainwater Drains ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock