Discuss New Gas Safe APP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kev the gas

Reading the Gas Engineer book of adverts, I found they have brought out a new App for scheduling all our appointments.

Gas Engineer Workspace

I just downloaded the app and the first thing it asks is my gas safe number and card no.

So I am going to input all of my appts for gas safe to monitor and store for me, :wink_smile:.

Obviously when the current franchansee moves on, they won't consider taking all of my customers details.

I for one am out, don't even waste your time downloading it.

I'm not sure it would be that easy for GS to do that?
but if I'm honest my first thought was the same as the op, could it be to tempting for GS to make an easy buck?

I don't know Bod, but I'm sure there are companies eyeing it up for the potential "Qudos" I suppose it brings to their portfolio.

Very untrusting after Corgi's antics using the database to entice customers I suppose.

i have an email from gas safe regarding customer data. i will dig it out and post but basically the data is owned by the HSE as far as i can gather and they will not use the data for any purpose.

Dear Mr Thorpe

Gas Safe Register has very strict rules about how we use the data which is provided to us, whether that is engineer or consumer data, and we only ever use information we hold for the purpose it was intended.
We have not, do not and will not provide data to third parties for commercial use. We have a clearly stated policy on Data Protection ([DLMURL]https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/Registration.aspx[/DLMURL]):

“DATA PROTECTION
Data provided and held by the scheme on registrants and their customers will be treated in confidence and used strictly for the correct and proper operation of the register.
It will not be sold or commercially exploited in any way. The new rules of registration will contain clear data usage statements written in plain English that will clearly explain how and where data provided by registrants will be used.
The HSE will own the installer and consumer data and only give the right for its use in the pursuit of improving gas safety.”

Notification of the installation of heat-producing appliances is required to meet the Building Regulations and engineers can notify through a number of routes, including via Gas Safe Register. We send notification information to the relevant Local Authority and do not exploit it in any other way – which we make clear as part of our policy (([DLMURL]https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/Notifications.aspx[/DLMURL])

“Gas Safe Register processes this reportable work for the purpose of satisfying Building Regulations in England, Wales and Guernsey. The data is only used by Gas Safe Register for this purpose and will not be used for marketing purposes or supplied to commercial third parties for them to use for marketing purposes.”

Any queries or complaints relating to marketing activities undertaken by CORGI Homecare or any other business should be addressed directly to that organisation. If you are unhappy with the response received from them you may wish to raise your concerns directly with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) at www.ico.org.uk.

Any impropriety or misuse of the data that we hold would be a breach of trust, the Data Protection Act and our contract with the HSE. Hence, I can only stress to you how seriously we take our responsibilities in this area.

A copy of our Privacy Policy, which explains what data/information we hold, what we do with the data, and who has access to it, can be located on the Gas Safe website GasSafe :: Error.

Kind Regards

Amanda Hughes
Business Improvements Manager
Gas Safe Register

PO Box 6804, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 4NB
Consumer Line: 0800 408 5500 | Engineer Line: 0800 408 5577 |

Last edited by a moderator:
The app probably isn't by gas safe but capita and uses gas safe under licence. Capita have very different ways to use your data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Gas Safe APP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock