Search the forum,

Discuss New Ecotec 832 Pro won't stop heating! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Our recently installed (last week) Vaillant Ecotech 832 Plus does its own thing and heats constantly regardless of the controller mode temperature, manual ON/OFF controls etc..We have the Honeywell T3 wireless controller with wall unit, system heats the radiators even when the controller is switched OFF!

I have checked the wiring of the wall unit and it is correct. Also the "run" (RT) signal from the controller into the boiler PCB is correct (i.e. 230V when wireless controller is set to manual "ON" and room temperature is below target, and approx 0V when unit is set to "OFF" or room temperature is above target! i.e. the output from the controller is working correctly, but regardless of the "Output" or "Run" signal, the boiler just heats the radiators anyway! The flow temperature is displayed and the radiator symbol flashes - not permanently, but it is heating the radiators enough for some of them to be very hot! Am I missing something? Is there some link or setting on the PCB which needs to be changed? Thanks!

I am an Electrical Engineer. I have now fixed this myself. The "24V RT" link needed to be removed from the control PCB to allow the boiler to be controlled by an external 240V Controller. Thanks for the help.....
That’s good but the front cover and wiring gromits make this appliance room sealed.
It therefore should be refitted correctly and tested.

Reply to New Ecotec 832 Pro won't stop heating! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock