Discuss New combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember it's is my young pandawan who tells me theses things, but the school of thought is the air separator is better for the system than the filter as no air then no corrosion, the filter should then just can solids rather than magnetite

Can't remember it's is my young pandawan who tells me theses things, but the school of thought is the air separator is better for the system than the filter as no air then no corrosion, the filter should then just can solids rather than magnetite

slightly wrong but only fit air sep on new install where theres no leaks/ air being pulled in

also theres the argument of more things to go wrong

Croppie may I ask ask why not a vaillant or glow worm?? I get ferroli lol but what's your opinion on them?? I don't think you can beat vaillant personally

they steal customers / lie to them

they steal customers / lie to them

Precisely that. There's a couple of threads running in Facebook gas groups at the moment where a Vaillant rep is maligning a boiler from another manufacturer but got sussed out. That's without going into the F75 debacle which turned out to be a design error which you need to pay big bucks for the modification kit.

Baxi Duotec or Platinum,these are all i fit,have very little call backs and would have one in my own home

I generally go Vaillant or Baxi and must say I've had fewer problems with the baxis.

Precisely that. There's a couple of threads running in Facebook gas groups at the moment where a Vaillant rep is maligning a boiler from another manufacturer but got sussed out. That's without going into the F75 debacle which turned out to be a design error which you need to pay big bucks for the modification kit.

Whats this with f75 I've always put that down to muck in system/low water pressure sensor or pump failure? So your saying its a there error not those

I have no problem fitting a valliant good boilers if that's what the customer wants the updated range is a bit expensive though if you want top quality fit worcester bosch , the most important thing is have your new boiler fitted by a recomended local installer who will look after you and your boiler long after its fitting .

At the end of the day its your choice, look at length of warranty & after care, each make has its own little niggles but overall they are much the same, think about water flow rate, price will also depend on where you are.

Hi all,

It's coming closer to the time to choose and I haven't visited this thread for a while (I stopped receiving notifications of new posts).

Thank you for all your input and info.

I'm certainly not going for a Glow-worm. My existing one has given me trouble from year-2, and I didn't skimp when I plumped for it back then. It has constantly leaked and caused corrosion. British Gas have attended to the problem after a fashion. They never really targeted the root of the problem (what ever that may be) and so never really solved it. Now it's beyond hope.

It looks like Worcester, Vaillant and Baxi are the contenders. Vaillant have ethics issues, so I may avoid their boilers.

Cheers.

Baxi platinum will be on budget I would say , worcester if you go that way will be a bit more stick with greenstar classic the more compact boilers are a pig to work on your choice at the end of the day bud Regards k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back