Discuss New Combi Boiler - Powerflush vs Chemical Flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alltec

I'm going to get a new Combi-Boiler installed, but the installer (which I must use as its under a government scheme) has said they will only Chemical Flush the system, not Power Flush before installation.
Would this be sufficient? And would this cause warranty problems - I was looking to get a boiler with as big a warranty as possible (7 or 10 years).
Thanks for advice.

when the install is done get a local Gsr or Plumber to come round, power flush the system and sort out any shoddy work that often comes with government funded schemes

There is no simple answer. The system may be clean enough that a chemical flush would suffice, or it may need more. Manufacturers require the system to be flushed but I don't know of any that specify powerflushing over chemical or even just a mains flush. British Standards also don't specify the method.

You're getting a free boiler and installation, be thankful for that!

Power flushing a combi boiler in unnecessary. Why go to all the bother of connecting a pump up when you've got a connection for mains water straight into the system.

Power flushing a combi boiler in unnecessary. Why go to all the bother of connecting a pump up when you've got a connection for mains water straight into the system.

My mains dosnt run at 500lpm?? But I'm a fan of mains flushing

mains flush can work well, but it wont move what a powerflush machine will. whats needed depends on the system. The answer cant be guessed without taking a look at the system and its condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Combi Boiler - Powerflush vs Chemical Flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock