Search the forum,

Discuss New central heating system - do I need OFTEC plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am having my one pipe system replaced with a two pipe. The Oil boiler is only 2 years old though so that is staying. Do I need an OFTEC registered plumber or doesn't it matter?

Thanks

Doesn't matter. Unless anything within the boiler, oil line, oil tank etc are affected.

As above if your just replacing the pipes no but as soon as you touch anything inside the boiler yes

They are strange bet you if you ask them to change the boiler and put a new system in they would be willing :)

Yeah....have the choice between an ex BG guy who seems very good or the local large plumbing firm who are oftec registered and installed the boiler originally. both are the same price.

Yeah....have the choice between an ex BG guy who seems very good or the local large plumbing firm who are oftec registered and installed the boiler originally. both are the same price.

Are you happy how they installed the boiler if so go with them

i only moved in a month ago so dont know. it works ok! I think the best option is the local firm as they are larger, oftec registered and much nearer . The only concern is I dont really know who will turn up and do the work as they have a team of 10 plumbers whereas with the ex BG guy who i know eaxctly who is coming

i only moved in a month ago so dont know. it works ok! I think the best option is the local firm as they are larger, oftec registered and much nearer . The only concern is I dont really know who will turn up and do the work as they have a team of 10 plumbers whereas with the ex BG guy who i know eaxctly who is coming

Well ask the local comp will the same lads be on the whole job etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New central heating system - do I need OFTEC plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock