Discuss new central heating pipes and radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hagan10

Evening all,

Around a year ago I had a new boiler fitted changed it from a heat only to a combi... since then we have had problems with the boiler loosing pressure.

The plumber that fitted the boiler said that it could be a slight leak some where, but we couldnt see anything, or slight corrosion.

We have minibore pipe coming to the radiators.

My query is...

I am sick of this now and going to take the hit and get new radiators and central heating pipes replaced. how much would I expect to pay? I live in a 4 bedroom detached house, with 13 radiators.

The house has a concrete floor on the ground floor, so i believe the downstairs radiator pipes come through the stud walls.

Thanks

H

depends on a few things ok

rad drops, boxing in pipes/trunking
pipe locations

etc

would be best to get a few quotes from local recommended heating engs

Before you go to the expense of doing pipework. Has the boiler been tested to check it's not that.
Also has the upstairs been tested.
Then you could repipe just the downstairs. Unless it's an ancient system and full of sludge.
Basically get a few local engineers to advise.
Post in [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

cost will depend on labour time which will be effected by pipe routes, floor types, floor coverings and furniture etc.......

and material cost type, size and amount of pipe and fittings.

pointless guessing over the internet tbh, get a few quotes.

Try putting some leak sealer in it, if it's a slight leak it will probably sort it.

Hi

We also have the problem that the main bedrppm radiator gets really hot some days, and the other days luke warm,

The house is around 15-18 years old.

When we got the boiler replaced, he installed a magnaclean filter... but not sure if he flushed the system, as when I asked the wife, she could not recall hearing the 'drill agiator' on the radiators throughout that day

Does the sealer not damage the boiler?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new central heating pipes and radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock