Discuss new business help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
im in the process of going self employed and dont really no much about all the paperwork side of things!

but i was wondering if there was any grants i can apply for to help with setting up my business thanks again people

Business Link is one of the first ports of call if you need help in this direction. I never found them useful but you might fair better. If you've never been self employed before I went on a course yonks ago which was an afternoon a week for about 8-10 weeks where you learn about marketing, book-keeping, selling, advertising, SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats), importance of cashflow and stuff like that. If you've no idea then it's well worth it and these courses are free (via Business Link I think). At that time I was doing IT but the course is relevant to any small business as the mechanics of running a business is exactly the same.

If you've one or two friends (or family?) who are self employed/company directors, ask them for advice too, especially if they're older than you. No matter what they say, experience counts for huge amounts over qualifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new business help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock