Search the forum,

Discuss New build in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokecity

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys

I know this would be best in the plumbing forum but i need some help with pricing so thought it best in the closed forum.

Ive been asked to price for some new build houses, its for a builder i do work for not a big house building firm.

ive just know idea what to put in. i know what i want to earn a day and roughly how long its going to take. they are 3 bed.

kitchen , utility, cloakroom , bathroom, ensuite, 2 zone combi system in speedfit with 10mm droppers 12 rads.

Can anyone with experience in new builds give me an idea of labour price

thanks

Around 7.5 - 11 k zero rated depending on house type, they supply the bathrooms.
If you are not vat registered they will buy all the gear (who can blame them) so you'll be lucky to get a £200 day rate so yer talking 3k max.
New build around 2 weeks labour but allow for 3.

I rough it (1st fix) inc drainage in a day. Big drainage runs add another half day.
Gutters and DP's 3- 4 hrs but allow for a wasted day.
A couple of hours here and there on the way home to pop in cos builders are a pita and want this or that checked or pulled through.
2nd fix heating 1 day but allow 2.
Bathrooms allow 1 a day but really you will do 3 in a day easily
Commisioning 1 day
Drain testing allow another day.
Another day for fking around then back to show the client how to work things.

Around 7.5 - 11 k zero rated depending on house type, they supply the bathrooms.
If you are not vat registered they will buy all the gear (who can blame them) so you'll be lucky to get a £200 day rate so yer talking 3k max.
New build around 2 weeks labour but allow for 3.

I rough it (1st fix) inc drainage in a day. Big drainage runs add another half day.
Gutters and DP's 3- 4 hrs but allow for a wasted day.
A couple of hours here and there on the way home to pop in cos builders are a pita and want this or that checked or pulled through.
2nd fix heating 1 day but allow 2.
Bathrooms allow 1 a day but really you will do 3 in a day easily
Commisioning 1 day
Drain testing allow another day.
Another day for fking around then back to show the client how to work things.

Hi tamz thanks for reply.

im not vat reg but been asked to supply and fit. builders pretty good he usually gets customer pay me direct.

ive priced the first fix :-
materials £1328 + 10% = £1460
5 days labour @ £200 a day = £1000
total for first fix per house £ 2460

i havnt priced second fix yet but ill add 10% on materials and allow 5 days again, does that seem right to you?

thanks

Labour wise you will be looking around 3-3.5k plus materials. These jobs always take longer than expected, its the little trips to do the odd hour which really cost you. Also other trades damaging stuff etc.

Mfgs thanks for reply.

I take it thats first and second fix price.

Looks like im a tad low then on my price.

Thanks for your help

They are easily do able in 2 weeks but allow for 3 to cover stupid call ins that builders seem to think will hold the full job up like a pipe that needs moving an inch.

I'm really surprised they want you to supply if you are not vat registered as you are 20% more expensive for the materials which even the clients can self claim back if they have the receipts.

They are easily do able in 2 weeks but allow for 3 to cover stupid call ins that builders seem to think will hold the full job up like a pipe that needs moving an inch.

I'm really surprised they want you to supply if you are not vat registered as you are 20% more expensive for the materials which even the clients can self claim back if they have the receipts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New build in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock