Discuss New Build - Lovely in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris watkins

Esteemed
Plumber
Nice to see TBOE making a return to get that extra % out of the rads but who on earth want's pipework like this ?:puke: WP_20161129_001.jpg

You would at least put the trv on the side so it doesn't go above the window sill.

But on a serious note, when we have had to do this on new build we hang the radiators on the larger side of the bracket as they tend to have a slot in them. Pass the pipe through and sleeve it straight into the valve.

Direct sunlight on the TRV head will cause havoc with maintaining room temp. Should be on its side at the very least. Id I'd have put in a shorter rad to keep the TRV well under the windowsill level...

Absolute garbage - you can't call that plumbing. But it is standard for new LA| build in my area.

On the plus side, it is easy to lift the rad forward to decorate behind:stooge_curly:

Absolute garbage - you can't call that plumbing. But it is standard for new LA| build in my area.

On the plus side, it is easy to lift the rad forward to decorate behind:stooge_curly:

This wasn't LA house this was high end new 4 bed show houses in Hailsham, East Sussex.

All rads the same, all with plastic pipes rubbing on rad fins &/or brackets, Megaflo SystemFits in the cupboard with safety valve discharge buried in the driveway.

When it is this easy how do they get it so wrong ?

I am getting old I know but what is the world coming to?

This wasn't LA house this was high end new 4 bed show houses in Hailsham, East Sussex.

All rads the same, all with plastic pipes rubbing on rad fins &/or brackets, Megaflo SystemFits in the cupboard with safety valve discharge buried in the driveway.

When it is this easy how do they get it so wrong ?

I am getting old I know but what is the world coming to?

Don't know any better and not qualified bet you G3 sticker filled in?

Looks like somebody with technical know how, but little experience and no common sense did that.
Where are the building inspectors when you need one? :smile:

Last edited:
Considering the geekiest level of pedantry recommends putting TRVs on their sides anyway, wouldn't this have been the one time to give it a pop? If for some reason they were loathed to put it on the bottom end.

bet the flow is not even on the trv/ top side. ive worked on jobs like this, done this type of work. its the way the new build world has gone. Its not the plumbers on site to blame tho about how its done, for what they get paid they are lucky to get the rad level.

It is not a cheap radiator though. I think that looks like a Myson roundtop, which are good rads and costlier than many.
The TRV looks also to be a Myson TRV which are rubbish valves IMO, but not the cheapest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Build - Lovely in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock