Discuss New boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Murali

Hi, I have an Ariston Electric Immersion boiler which needs replacement to A-rated boiler and energy efficient and the capacity that I'm looking is around 200L.
a) Can you please suggest a suitable Unvented/direct boiler for replacement?
b) Also please let me know the typical cost involved for new boiler + installation + removing the old boiler.
c) The cost of new boiler for Telford Tempest 200L in the web says £425 including vat. but I'm getting a quote for b) as £1200 + vat. Is it correct?

Hi, I have an Ariston Electric Immersion boiler which needs replacement to A-rated boiler and energy efficient and the capacity that I'm looking is around 200L.
a) Can you please suggest a suitable Unvented/direct boiler for replacement?
b) Also please let me know the typical cost involved for new boiler + installation + removing the old boiler.
c) The cost of new boiler for Telford Tempest 200L in the web says £425 including vat. but I'm getting a quote for b) as £1200 + vat. Is it correct?
Murali, I think you may well be confused what you seem to require is a direct un-vented hot water cylinder not a boiler.
Depending on the area you are in, the amount of pipe & wiring alterations required etc it is likely to be around the amount quoted.
Get more quotes & ensure they all have there unvented / part g ticket (ask to see it) also ask them if they are going to notifier your local Building Control for you through a competent persons scheme. This is a legal requirement for these cylinders.

RM Stelfow.
Cost of goods, cost of labour, PROFIT, overheads, location, notification through competent person scheme.
How longs a piece of string, couldnt possibly say without seeing. Might be that the 1200 is cheap due to the nature of the swap.

Post up in the 'im looking for a plumber' section with your location. Somebody on here may be able to assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back