Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss New Baxi duotec boiler 28 fitted. Shower less hot and less powerful. in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Barbara

Barbara Member

A new Baxi duotec 28 was fitted in Dec 2017 and the installer has just told me today the old boiler had water heating of 3.1 kW. Is this why my shower is less powerful and less hot since new boiler has been fitted?
    I have a 4 bed house with 10 radiators. He recommended Baxi duotec 24 and the only reason I got 28 was because supplier didn't have the 24 on day of fitting.
    I feel he perhaps recommended the 24 for ease and speed of fitting.
    Any thoughts please?
    Thanks

2. bogrodder

bogrodder GSR

A 28kw boiler may have been installed, as the gas supply may not have been big enough to properly feed a 31kw boiler

3. Barbara

Barbara Member

Thank you for your reply. He didn't mention that.

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

28 kw should be ok for a normal shower

You don't have a rain head one do you ?

5. Barbara

Barbara Member

No Shaun
    Its adequate just not as good as it was... Luckily regular swimmer and showers in local pool are sizzling
    Thanks

6. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You will see a improvement as the cold supply temperature of the water coming into your property increases due to warmer weather . Kop

7. Barbara

Barbara Member

Thank you Kop
    If only the installer could have given me a simple reassuring answer like yours. Roll on spring and we'll see. I hope you are right. After he has corrected all his checklist errors I don't want him anywhere near my house again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ShaunCorbs

Has he check the filters ?

And is the shower hot enough or is it just the pressure?

9. Barbara

Barbara Member

Would that be filters on boiler or shower.?He has said he can't do anything with shower. He's not interested. I can't honestly say it's bad but just not what I had for many years.. A few degrees make all the difference

10. ShaunCorbs

Yea filters in the shower also you can turn the water temp up you know ?

11. Barbara

Barbara Member

They probably should be checked sometime in near future. Confidence in getting right person severely dented at moment so I'll stick with my adequate temp for moment.
    When you say turn water temp up do you mean within the workings of the shower?
    Thanks Shaun

12. ShaunCorbs

on the boiler you can adjust the water temp just a thought it may be set low?

any chance you could take a pic of the boiler?

13. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Any pictures of the boiler?
    Is water hot at other taps?

14. Barbara

Barbara Member

15. Barbara

Barbara Member

After boiler was first installed I had to get plumber back to increase temp. Couldn't have a hot bath. That he did but flow reduced.
    I'm wondering if something as simple as turning stop cock more open if possible might make a difference.