Discuss ‘Never Drain’ valve is coming to B&Q near you... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you need to change pipe work you will need to drain anyway does it make a sense ?

So what happens then when the trv is passing and you are working on a system with a tank in the loft space?

just encouraging DIY this carp is jeez

So what happens then when the trv is passing and you are working on a system with a tank in the loft space?

just encouraging DIY this carp is jeez

One should stand back! :smile: I bet, carpet sales will go up.

Last edited:
Just like those screwdriver operated isolation valves, I bet it will either seize up with time and the screwdriver slot will get mangled or it will leak around the valve stem after it's opened again.

Solving a problem that doesn't need solving and creating a new one in the process.

this new valve is a ball valve not a butterfly valve like the one in the picture, also domestic hot and cold water does not have inhibitor added, like any competent plumber knows it stops the valves from furring up and sizing.

lolololo

i bought a pair from wickes when they were having a clear out sale. i paid 50p for them 2 years ago, still in the van!!lol

I'm sure inventor Tony has seen this thread by now, maybe a few free samples for selected forum members so we can have a proper look.

If they do work in the long term and stop diy'ers putting cheap isolators all over the central heating waiting to bite us in the bottom at a later date and cost us money and time then it can only be a good thing. (on small rads).

being skeptical and experienced in removing anything from rads to full heating systems,my plumbers brain tells me,do not turn things on heating systems with slot heads on them,it will never work,good idea in principal,bad idea in practice,like many things in life,practice does not come into it,take most typical boiler designs as a very good example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ‘Never Drain’ valve is coming to B&Q near you... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock