Discuss ‘Never Drain’ valve is coming to B&Q near you... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ive understood correctly, they'll be good for new installations I suppose. I would have thought new builds would be the best place to fit them.
No point in BnQ trying to flog them is it, there no use once the rad has been filled up

a9f517646adcb1f04acb944a512674b7.jpg

They have been around for a while in this form.new builds big developers it's all about the penny's so won't Realy be used there.most small installers install the cheapest valves they can get so are not going to spend anther £5.00 or more on extra valves.
A good quality Trv (danfoss)and LSVwith drain off is the best way.
Some things are just never going to take off in a big way this is one of them.
But it's maintenance work for the future [emoji16]

Is he having a laugh? If so fair play to him, he does look a little like an ageing chuckle brother!

All jokes aside I see no useful application for this. A rad full of water is a heavy thing, dependant on size, but as has been previously mentioned when this isn't used for a good while on a system full of magnetite how well will it perform?

For a diyer to install these they will have to drain the system to rerofit all their rad valves which defeats the object as while the system is drained then they could just carry out the work they need to.

For a tradesman these will never be fitted as standard as there will be a significant cost increase, an inherent flow restriction (assuming they aren't full, bore which I can't see), another point that will eventually leak and create issues, they look bloody ugly and why would a tradesman fit something that will lessen your available work should they be this earth shattering product?

I can see the idea but the reality is that these are gimmicks marketed at those that can't see the future issues and believe that they could save a fortune in the future when in reality a rad comes of the wall very rarely.

Better to invest your diy money in a wet vac and a couple of scrap towels and some shallow trays. You will get endless uses out of all three of those products, especially the wet vac, and will still end up a lot cheaper.

Jon

Haha it's just an isolation valve... Rads are heavy enough without lifting the water as well, plus as said before the spindle will defs leak :)

I've had trouble lifting rads empty onto brackets let alone full, someone's going to loose there fingers under a rad,

A drain off on every rad is the answer, shut the valves and rain no mess no trouble and still got all your fingers

Take it the inventor has a thing against thumbs.... He should of asked a plumber, anyone would of told him the issues with his design.

Absolute garbage!!?

If it's a small system it takes hardly anytime to drain and refill (or better bung) and if it's a large system I can imagine customers wanting them on the rads!!

Are they longer then normal rad tails? Would make straight swaps a pain in the arris!

Ha ha ha ...he probably saw Toggers trying to drain an 1800 K2 into his carrier bag and thought wtf there go to be an easier way than this....yes a wet vac!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ‘Never Drain’ valve is coming to B&Q near you... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock