Search the forum,

Discuss NEED TO COMPLETE NVQ - WILL WORK FOR FREE (London area) UPDATE! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Discorico

Hi,

For free: Partially qualified, looking for unpaid work experience, as I need evidence for my NVQ portofolio. Can you help?

I have recently completed my City & Guilds 6129 course with OLCI construction college and received my certificate. I now need to complete my NVQ.

I am keen to hear for anyone who might have some work for me to do, as I need valuable experience to fill in my folder. I will, of course, do it for free.
I have already got most of the folder complete. All I need now is to decommission and install another bathroom or at the very least, one more thing (Bath or Basin or Toilet etc) and get photos of me cutting a joist to run through some pipe, knocking out a chase in a wall, and one of me on a ladder.

I am 29, live in North London and work full time but not in the industry. I decided to do the plumbing course to improve my prospects and to start a new career. I really enjoyed the course and look forward to applying all the skills I have learnt.
I have signed up to do the unvented hot water storage systems and solar thermal domestic hot water courses with OLCI which I can only start once I complete my NVQ. Once these courses are done, I will save some money and then take part in other courses.

I have passed a CSCS health and safety test and need to get an employer to sign my forms so I can apply for my JIB green operators card so I can work on site.

As for me, I'm hard working, focused and I can prioritise workloads efficiently.

I have a PAL scissor lift licence and a full UK driving licence.

I can work any day but preferably weekends.

I'm happy to send my CV and some recent pictures of work done in an email along with a reference for the recent work - Get in Touch.

Hi Discorico,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

I can see you are looking for work experience with a plumbing company. Our job placement advisor may be able to assist you (if you haven't already been in touch with us). Please contact him on 0800 316 8100. Although we cannot guarantee work, we will do what we can to help you.

Alternatively, you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NEED TO COMPLETE NVQ - WILL WORK FOR FREE (London area) UPDATE! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock