Search the forum,

Discuss NEED TO COMPLETE NVQ - WILL WORK FOR FREE (London area) UPDATE! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Discorico

Hi,

For free: Partially qualified, looking for unpaid work experience, as I need evidence for my NVQ portofolio. Can you help?

I have recently completed my City & Guilds 6129 course with OLCI construction college and received my certificate. I now need to complete my NVQ.

I am keen to hear for anyone who might have some work for me to do, as I need valuable experience to fill in my folder. I will, of course, do it for free.
I have already got most of the folder complete. All I need now is to decommission and install another bathroom or at the very least, one more thing (Bath or Basin or Toilet etc) and get photos of me cutting a joist to run through some pipe, knocking out a chase in a wall, and one of me on a ladder.

I am 29, live in North London and work full time but not in the industry. I decided to do the plumbing course to improve my prospects and to start a new career. I really enjoyed the course and look forward to applying all the skills I have learnt.
I have signed up to do the unvented hot water storage systems and solar thermal domestic hot water courses with OLCI which I can only start once I complete my NVQ. Once these courses are done, I will save some money and then take part in other courses.

I have passed a CSCS health and safety test and need to get an employer to sign my forms so I can apply for my JIB green operators card so I can work on site.

As for me, I'm hard working, focused and I can prioritise workloads efficiently.

I have a PAL scissor lift licence and a full UK driving licence.

I can work any day but preferably weekends.

I'm happy to send my CV and some recent pictures of work done in an email along with a reference for the recent work - Get in Touch.

Hi Discorico,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

I can see you are looking for work experience with a plumbing company. Our job placement advisor may be able to assist you (if you haven't already been in touch with us). Please contact him on 0800 316 8100. Although we cannot guarantee work, we will do what we can to help you.

Alternatively, you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NEED TO COMPLETE NVQ - WILL WORK FOR FREE (London area) UPDATE! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
The MJ3 Charger on my Mainsboost system has stopped working and I have sourced a replacement, but need a plumber that understands these installations to come and replace that unit and ensure it's commissioned properly. Let me know if you've worked with this system before and can quote on...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hello i have completed my level 2 plumbing course and looking for experience to gain in London i will work less or free just for the skill in plumbing
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock