Search the forum,

Discuss Need to cap a hole after removing an overflow pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an overflow pipe (standard diameter 21.5mm) sticking out through a hole in a white uPVC fascia board at our house, but the overflow pipe is no longer required and could be removed. However, before removing it, I need some way of capping the hole - a white barrel plug, for example. Does anyone know of any supplier who could sell me just one cap/plug? There are a number of online suppliers but, invariably, there is a minimum order quantity or value.

Drill it out bigger and use a white tap hole plug blanking plate as used for kitchen sinks? May be easy to obtain at Wickes or local merchants, if you can't get a toilet cistern overflow blank easily?

Online isn't always the best option especially if you don't want to pay postage. As you say, no one really wants to post out one blanking plate/plug.

Frankly, I would be quite happy to pay postage and packaging for just one flanged barrel plug if it solves my problem. I would like to know who buys packs of hundreds of these plugs, and I would ask them whether they would be willing to sell me one. I phoned one manufacturer/distributor of these plugs and asked whether they could put me touch with someone who buys them in bulk, but they refused to do it. Understandable really, data protection regulations and all that.

The hole in the facia is unlikely to be 21.5 so I'd think a 24mm plug would do, but you either need to confirm size or buy a couple of different sizes.
4 for ÂŁ2.45

Facia is pretty soft so you'd probably be able to just push the plug in

Reply to Need to cap a hole after removing an overflow pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all The valve on this pipe (blue) is broken. We are moving out soon and I need the right cap to stop the pipe once we remove our washing machine. Could someone point me in the direction of the correct cap to buy? Thank you so much!
Replies
Views
Hi I fitted a bath/shower 12 years ago and a few months ago it developed a leak. It was basically at a coupler on 40mm solvent where my new white PVC joined the existing grey PVC. I cut a hole in the ceiling and could also easily view it with the bath panel off but not access it from there...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to pull a Polypipe SA62B access plug and cap out of the soil vent branch (which I think is a Floplast SP190). It's a bit of a cramped space and it feels VERY stuck. Any suggestions? I'm removing it so I can fit a pan connector. Three years ago my contractors installed my new SVP...
Replies
Views
Put a boiler in this week and positioned it nicely to use the old condense thats run behind plasterboard but ended up snapping it if at the elbow, no probs I'll cut a neat hole and connect onto the pipe with an elbow. WTF is 23mm overflow! I can't get anything on it, too tight for mechanical...
Replies
Views
Im renovating my bath room and where i removed the bidet, i now have an extra set of unused hot and cold pipes. 2 hot and 2 cold in total. need to disconnect one hot, 1 cold and need a bit of advice on how best to do it. If i wanted to disconnect this set im thinking i could just...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock