Discuss need someone to answer a question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark_mc

have an open vented system, when the pump is on, and i go to bleed the highest radiator the system is sucking in air and no water is coming out.

what can the problem be, many thanks mark

vent with the pump off easy solution as the pump will drag air into the system

ok i know that.

tell me this, i have a open vented system and the highest radiators constantly need bleed. i have searched the house for leaks, checked valves and tightened glands.
i have a magnaclean fitted, powerflushed the system and still after a couple of days the rads need bleed, but only after the heating is on.

i have got a idea that it must be the pump or the vent as the rads dont need aired when the heating is off even for a few days, but as soon as the heating goes on then it happens again

any pros give me any advice thanks mark

ok i know that.

tell me this, i have a open vented system and the highest radiators constantly need bleed. i have searched the house for leaks, checked valves and tightened glands.
i have a magnaclean fitted, powerflushed the system and still after a couple of days the rads need bleed, but only after the heating is on.

i have got a idea that it must be the pump or the vent as the rads dont need aired when the heating is off even for a few days, but as soon as the heating goes on then it happens again

any pros give me any advice thanks mark
Hi Mark, next time the rads are gassed up get your *** lighter and see if the expelled air is flamable, if it is, its hydrogen and your system is rotting if its just air then its most likely bad pipe work design of the feed and expansion pipes to the tank.

has the system always been like this or only since the work has been done?

When the system is running can you feel air being sucked in throught the open vent on the Fand E tank in the roof?

does the F and E tank in the roof stay full of water, or does the open vent pump over?

is the system really slow to fill and bleed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need someone to answer a question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock