Discuss Need some advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Duggy

Hello guys need a bit of advice.. I do some maintenance in a nursing home. The top floor has very bad water pressure from the hot. There is a few splurts of air out of the taps but nothing major. Each bath and sink are fitted with mixing valves. The cold feed leaves the storage tank drops 3 floors to a large galvanised cylinder and then has to travel back up to the 3rd floor. No pump fitted but I've been informed it's worked fine in the past?? The only other thing I can see is the cold feed to cylinder runs about 25 metres along the ceiling joists level which would trap a bit of air.. Any suggestions?

Blocked filters on the inlet to the blending valves maybe?

I would also check the filters, if they are fine then I would be looking at air and how it is getting into pipes, leak somewhere maybe ? would check for any outragous pipe runs where air could get trapped.

Could also be resistance in the pipework from limescale or whatever, by the time it reaches the top floor there is a noticable pressure drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need some advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such...
Replies
Views
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock