Discuss Need info on pressure setting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Martin S

icon1.png
Hi, new to this site but need help. Just moved into new house thats got Alpha eco 240 boiler. Got a drippy vent and my mate reckons i need to re-set the psi on expansion vessel & then fill boiler. Need to keep boiler alive for few months more before i upgrade.(extension going on house) Is his advice ok, if so, what psi do i fill vessel to & do i drain system before putting the air in or do i top up system to pressure before pressurizing expansion vessel???
Any help would be much appreciated.
Martin

have a drain off point open and recharge expansion vessel to 10 psi with foot pump and the recharge system to 1 to 1.5 max when cold good luck

You will need to set the expansion vessel to about 1.5 bar. You should have it so that it equals out the pressure in the boiler but trying to this is tricky so I usally set it at 1.5. The system should have no pressure when you pressurize the vessel. The problem could be that the vessel is Knackered. It has a rubber diaphragm on the inside of it that can fail. You can test this by depressurizing the vessel while the boiler is under pressure. If you get water out of the schrader valve then the vessel is done. Before you try this though tap on the vent with the handle of a screw driver to see if it resets itself.

Thanks fellas. Using a bit of both have managed to get boiler working to last 'til new year when new upgrade is put in. Ended up with between 12-14psi on expansion vessel & 1.3 on bar pressure gauge but without your help would've done it in wrong sequence. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need info on pressure setting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hey, I've got a Grant Vortex that's leaking water from the seal around the expansion vessel - it's the round type about 50cm wide. The system is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock