Discuss Need Help with cv in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cheech

Hi all I have just been made redundant from my job as a domestic gas boiler installer, as I got the job just after leaving school 7 years ago.

I have no experience with writing cv’s and am finding it difficult.
I was wondering if anyone had a good CV template to help me along a bit would be very great full of your help Thanks.

Can I just say that some of the important things we look for on a CV are:

Have you got full driving licence?
Have you got your own vehicle?
As well as the obvious: Relevant qualifications
Relevant experience.
Other experience can be relevant - eg if you worked in a bar or was a sales person it might show that you will be good at communicating with customers.
Great at cleaning up is a bonus!
Special interests or hobbies might help to make you stand out from the hundreds of others who are also qualified, unemployed plumbers.
Try to keep it to 2 pages max.
Easy to read, most recent stuff first.
Name address and contact number at the top of every page.

More importantly - contact companies by phone first and get the name of the person you are to send it to - shows you take initiative.
Get email address and email it to them - post goes in the bin but we will always have your email!
And phone again after they have received it - be proactive.
Don't expect a responce may companies get to many to reply to but if you phone and email you are more likely to get a reply.

When I'm working with the kids at school / college I use the folowing (template 2);

CV Templates - SortItOnline

Using the advice above and contained on our website have a go at doing one and if you need to email it to me and when I get 5 mins in my dinner break I'll check it over for you. [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need Help with cv in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock