Search the forum,

Discuss need help making old back boiler redundant (please) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan Smith

as above looking to make my old back boiler redundant ,

reason is that i have had a new central heating system installed , that has made the old coal fire back burner no longer usable ,

since this has been done the contractors did not drill the old back boiler ,
instead they left the pipes open up at the hot tank

now the fun bit , i have installed a insert stove into the old fire , problem i now have is that when i have the stove lit the stove is bleeding some heat into the backboiler , causing the boiler to blow steam of up at the hot tank where the back boiler,s pipes have been disconected ,

so im looking to remove as much as possible water from the back boiler , and also make sure the boiler will never be used again ,

where do i drill ? or can i drain from the pipes at the side of the fire ?
i have uploaded pics to help ( if more pics needed let me know )

thanks ryan
2012-04-05210207.jpg

2012-04-05205540.jpg

2012-04-05205522.jpg

2012-04-05223001.jpg

2012-04-05223108.jpg

2012-04-05223221.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need help making old back boiler redundant (please) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock