Search the forum,

Discuss My tool bag in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil_Plumb

I decided that i should get around to sorting my tool bag out as all the brass in the bottom was making it a tad heavy. well that and one full tub of tiny screws. broken box of washers, and a dead tube of LS-X.

I did treat my self to a plumb tub. £8.50 from tool station, linky here
a new cylinder of gas for 'torch and a replacement wheel for pipeslice

plumb tub.jpg

Broken washer box, was it one of those clear brittle ones
( binding with tape rather spoils easy view )

no i dont buy in small quantities, i bought a box of 100.

Damn, I just designed something very similar to that Plumb Tub, was keeping it secret. How long have they been around?

Again..

I invented the workmate years ago and some guy called Decker nicked my idea.
Now this design has been nicked from me.

I'm definitely keeping quiet about my Cube with many sides and colours and my communication device you could use all over the World without having to have it permanently wired in..

I bought one of these in Toolstation today Phil, it looks really good & I'm sure will come in handy. Thanks mate for the heads up.

Its fantastic, great when working on rads, or under any pipework eg serivce valve to loo, clips onto the pipe, saves getting a mess on floor or worse still black sludge on that cream carpet - it shows you care i think!

Mine ready for action.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373359630603.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373359630603.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 187
I use empty sentinel bottles as drip trays. Leave lid on tight. Cut a big square out of the side and you have a nice drip tray.

Also handy hen your draining something you can't get your bucket (or any other bigger container) under.
You put newly made sentinel tray under whatever your draining. Take the lid off and point nozzle into bucket. Acts like a funnel type thing. And because of the handle I have them hanging on a bungee from roof of van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My tool bag in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock