Discuss My new walk in shower draining slowly but not all the time. Is it an airlock? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ask the "builder" if he fitted one of these.

It is poor practice to tee basin/shower wastes together as it can result in basin waste entering the shower - to combat this "builders" often fit these one way valves - causing the problem you are experiencing.
I have spoken to the plumber the builder used on the job. He said he’s confident the 90 degree turn and the T junction do not affect the flow. The drainage pipes from the shower are 1.5 inches in diameter. Maybe our best bet is to get a camera down there ....

IF the op was to put plugs in basin(s) and tape over the overflows and then finds the shower doesn`t drain would that help pin point the problem area?
(Just asking).

But painting shouldn’t cause any detrimental affect to a system if you don’t have a clue. It will just look crap

Reply to My new walk in shower draining slowly but not all the time. Is it an airlock? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock