Discuss Multipoint on fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, got my badge thank you AP!
My first post in the yellow badge area might seem abit silly but here it goes:

Brittony 2 multipoint, burners producing flames out of places it shouldnt including large yellow ones going outside the heat exchanger i.e burning the case. Gasket that joins onto the burners has something that looks like loctite on it. I presume it needs new gasket I think gas is escaping before getting to burners and getting lit producing nice big yellow flames around the heat exchanger. I dont carry any service kits for multipoints as hardly do any, so old couple were less than impressed with not having hot water over weekend...

Any help would be much appreciated guys

Last edited:
Gas pressure ok ?

Gas pressure ok ?

I've tried taking at the burner thats when i first lit it after cleaning and it started flaming out my bloody manometer house nearly caught flame, I saw a test point on isolation valve down below but didnt think to test.
Low gas pressure can create these kind of viciated uncontrolled flames? It was burning OK before, case had soot marks on it but I lit it before service and no yellow flames were there.

Sounds like it's in need of a very good service and strip

As above. A full strip clean of burner & hex is required here by sounds of it. Check flue etc.
Then check BP set correct.

Fixed it boys! The burner wasnt aligned properly so had gas running out before getting to injectors.

Make sure you checked the flue, in its entirety These have a bad habit of blocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multipoint on fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
First off Im gas safe Croppie gimme badge already! Just a quick one -Brittony 2 multipoint, burners producing flames out of places it shouldnt...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
Evening all hope everyone has had a good christmas :santa3:! So here goes, I attended a property to do a safety cert and service of gas heating...
Replies
Views
Taffman
T
T
Hi guys and girls. Hope someone might be able to give some advise on where to go next. Back in late 2014 i had a problem with an alpha cb33 he...
Replies
Views
T
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock