Search the forum,

Discuss Multiple show pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a 1.5 bar salamander feeding 2 showers, this is sufficient and works ok for a rain fall head and hand held but 1 of the 6 body jets in the setup isn't working, they are plumbed in a pressure balancing loop. I don't want to increase my 15mm feed to allow for a 2.5 or 3 bar pump as this work has not long been done. Does anyone know of a larger pump that can be fed in 15mm or as an alternative I'm wondering if it is acceptable to add a second 1.5 bar pump closer to the shower with the body jets. Possibly this wouldn't have the desired effect and someone will be able to advise of this. Any advice welcome, TIA.

Are you sure there isn't a blockage or restriction in the failing body jet? Do the other 5 all flow equally?
As for the pump, the salamander ct75 extra is a 2bar pump with 15mm connections and is suitable for use with 2 showers so should be fine for you. I would check the body jets first though and also the inlets to the existing pump and shower to make sure there's no restrictions before you rush into buying a new pump.

Are you sure there isn't a blockage or restriction in the failing body jet? Do the other 5 all flow equally?
As for the pump, the salamander ct75 extra is a 2bar pump with 15mm connections and is suitable for use with 2 showers so should be fine for you. I would check the body jets first though and also the inlets to the existing pump and shower to make sure there's no restrictions before you rush into buying a new pump.
I'll double check, thanks for the reply.

Understand there are two showers and one body jet out of six isn`t working however would be helpful to clear up a couple of points.
1. Are both showers the same make & model with three body jets on each?
2. When was it recently installed (In months please) and did it work as expected at first?
3. Is the shower giving problems the nearest one to the pump?
4. By installing a second pump (one pump per shower) I believe that would restrict you to only using one shower at a time, that said others may know better.

No you can't fit another pump after the one you already have installed, just replace the one you have for a more suitable one. If you contact either salamander, grundfos or Stuart Turner, they will advise on the best pump for the job.

Understand there are two showers and one body jet out of six isn`t working however would be helpful to clear up a couple of points.
1. Are both showers the same make & model with three body jets on each?
2. When was it recently installed (In months please) and did it work as expected at first?
3. Is the shower giving problems the nearest one to the pump?
4. By installing a second pump (one pump per shower) I believe that would restrict you to only using one shower at a time, that said others may know better.
I have had 1 shower for past 2 years running from 1.5bar salamander without issue, this is a simple 1 head system. A second bathroom has been created in past month with a second shower that has a rain fall a standard head and 6 jets.

Not concerned with only using 1 shower at a time.

Sorry, I may have misunderstood your intentions regarding the second pump. I read it as you wanted to Install it after the existing pump. If you want to have a pump per shower then this is possible but generally the best location for the pump is as close to the water source (hot water tank) as possible so moving the pump closer to the shower isn't generally an option. As advised earlier, upgrading your existing pump would be the easier and better option. Could you draw a diagram or take some photos of your exiting pump set up?

In my view you will get a better final solution if you design the system first.

Sketch out your system and mark up pipe diameters and approximate lengths. Mark in the specs of the draw off points, then back calculate the required flow rate from the vented tank.

You can then size the pump (or use your sketched layout to get a pump supplier to properly advise you).

By following the above, you often find that making minor changes to the pipework can make a disproportional improvement to the performance of the system.

I would not advise introducing a second pump on an adhoc basis - it is highly unlikely to be required in a normal domestic situation and will probably cause more problems without satisfactorily solving the issue.

Have you considered biting the bullet and converting to an unvented system? It may seem extreme, but possibly offers a better longer term solution.

In my view you will get a better final solution if you design the system first.

Sketch out your system and mark up pipe diameters and approximate lengths. Mark in the specs of the draw off points, then back calculate the required flow rate from the vented tank.

You can then size the pump (or use your sketched layout to get a pump supplier to properly advise you).

By following the above, you often find that making minor changes to the pipework can make a disproportional improvement to the performance of the system.

I would not advise introducing a second pump on an adhoc basis - it is highly unlikely to be required in a normal domestic situation and will probably cause more problems without satisfactorily solving the issue.

Have you considered biting the bullet and converting to an unvented system? It may seem extreme, but possibly offers a better longer term solution.
Good advise I would imagine but the system is already in and in use. I have considered moving to an unvented system but the cost is too high taking in to consideration other renovations the house requires as priority.

Reply to Multiple show pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock