Search the forum,

Discuss Multifuel boiler for CH only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kenny.5

Hello,

Looking for some advice on a solid fuel installation.
I'm a sparky by trade, and while I've got a reasonable appreciation of plumbing it's obviously not my trade. A friend of my dad is a plumber who's qualified for solid fuel so once I've narrowed down my options I'll discuss things with him and he'll then be overseeing the work with me as his lacky.

We currently have a Hunter Herald 14 CE multifuel stove linked to a 30 year old Ideal Mexico LPG boiler with a Dunsley Type R Neutraliser.
One of the burning bars in the boiler is shot and we can't find replacements so unfortunately it's just about had it's day.

Having watched how the system operates since we moved in 6 months ago, there's definitely scope to improve things.
For example,
The boiler short cycles when the stove is on.
The heat leak radiator is in an upstairs bedroom.
There are too many radiators for the output of the stove.
The gravity circuit through the stove has several tight 90deg bends in it and as such it struggles to thermosyphon in the event of a power cut.

So we've decided to overhaul the entire system when we change the boiler.

One of the options I've considered is doing away with the link up system altogether and fitting a Combi.
Then have a separate CH system with 4 radiators running off the stove, we have enough space in useful places to position these additional radiators.

My question is, would it be ok to do this without a DHW cylinder? One of the radiators would obviously still be a dedicated heat leak.

Any advice much appreciated.

Kenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multifuel boiler for CH only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have recently moved into a house with a central heating system that runs from oil or/and the multi fuel stove. The water gets hot and then circulates into the connect radiators but they aren't hot just warm and don't stay warm continually. Any advice get my log burner between 300-400 range...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Logic Combi 30 gas boiler installed in my house. The wife and I would like to install a multi fuel stove with a back burner to give us another option for central heating and hot water (especially with the current price of gas). With the pressurised system, is it possible to do...
Replies
Views
steve wake
S
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing system. Plumbing, like most trades, seems to have two main aspects; design and installation. The installation part on my last two projects was painful...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock