Currently reading:
Multi tool

Discuss Multi tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
So my mate has a Bosch Multitool

Maybe 10.8v? Not sure in that, defo not 18v

Saw him using it & I wasn't that impressed

Anyone have a battery one that's good?

I know people are Fein fans.

Just thought I'd ask

Thx

mine is a bosch, but corded. it's great. it dies once every 6 months but i just return it for another. got a blade for it the other day exactly the width of a joist, good for notchings

the dewalt 18v is the best cordless one i have used. The bosch 18v is also very very good. Fein make the best ones (there top of the range models) as they have good vibration dampening.

as for performance it depends on what your expecting and how good the blade is. its pointless using it for jobs other tools are better at like normal wood cutting as the blades are to costly and you will overwork the tool.

i find its really only useful for pocket cutting blade are arm and a leg and dont last its defiantly the last tool out of the van

i find its really only useful for pocket cutting blade are arm and a leg and dont last its defiantly the last tool out of the van

at 1.60 a blade dont think so

I think I prefer corded stuff like that, my Bosch multicutter is on its last legs, lasted a good 5/6 years! Only a basic DIY model from when they originally came out! Will probs get the Bosch pro one to replace it

That is ridiculously cheap. Are they actually any good though?

yes there good not so good when you hit a nail tho :D but at that price i cant complain

battery ones are pants go mains,good budget one,worxs sonicrafter,top ender fein

the dewalt 18v is the best cordless one i have used. The bosch 18v is also very very good. Fein make the best ones (there top of the range models) as they have good vibration dampening.

as for performance it depends on what your expecting and how good the blade is. its pointless using it for jobs other tools are better at like normal wood cutting as the blades are to costly and you will overwork the tool.

I got the dealt one also. Love it. Have had the 10.8 volt one for 4 yes but have not used it for 2 due to it dying after 5 minutes with each battery and the blades being so expensive.

I always get the bi wood/metal blades, good for cutting through nails if you need to also

yes there new metal bits (with the ti coating) are good havent blunted one yet

I would disagree with the 'go mains'. I had a mains one and could never be bothered to use it. I find mains tools a hassle now.

I have the 18v Dewalt cordless one. I use it all the time. It's fantastic and just as good, if not better, than my mains Fein one that I used about twice. You can get the blades cheap off eBay.

i'd say only get a battery one if your going to use it for light work or you've got plenty of batteries, the makita corded one ive got has about 10f of flex on it

Ive got a green Bosch one and its crap. Sounds like its going to take off. Im disappointed because it never has....
Seriously loud.
I used a green coloured Worx from a customer today. A lot better

Dewalt 18v.
Its perfect. Brushless motor and lots of power.

That combined with my worx 85mm mini plunge saw for cutting boards - perfect

The dewalt 18v cordless is better in power than most diy and bottom end pro mains multitools. if you work on Jobs/Sites without power then cordless is the way to go.

The corded fein is a beast. I wouldn't go battery on a tool like this. Mines 5 or 6 years old now. In need of new brushes and the speed controllers duff. Can get cheaper blades online. But you get what you pay for.

Unless you've tried them all its difficult to say.
There is a shootout on utube and the fein didnt come out on top.
Battery tools nowadays are awesome and Uber convenient

Ive got a green Bosch one and its crap. Sounds like its going to take off. Im disappointed because it never has....
Seriously loud.
I used a green coloured Worx from a customer today. A lot better

Iv had the green Bosch for years, really loud but works good!

Got a Milwaukee 12volt couldn't fault it when it was working battery life not great but I've got loads of 12v batteries so not a problem only lasted about six months though now I'm trying to get it repaired without much success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multi tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock