Search the forum,

Discuss Multi Fuel/Boiler Stove Installation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Been working for a customer, doing a bathroom. Going to be a holiday let, worked for them before at their house. Good customer, good player.

They got me in early to do bathroom before stove installation. Currently solid fuel back boiler doing hot water (immersion back up) and switch for the pump for heating. No heat leak, no cylinder protection etc etc etc. Real old school system, worked for years no issues.
No coil in cylinder and CCS 2 foot above cylinder.

Anyways stove guys did survey and quoted £3,500 to supply and fit.
Installers turn up yesterday cant do it unless the customer pays extra £3,000.

She phoned me up and explained it all not knowing what to do.

No mains gas so that's out.
Oil will be too expensive.
Not even looking at lpg.
Suggested drain cut and cap primaries into cylinder and just use immersion.
Amptec electric boiler to run the 5 radiators.
Stand alone multi fuel stove, by others.

Anybody want to cast any other thoughts into the ether?

going to be expensive to run on elec 3x the cost of oil or lpg

any reason lpg is out of the question normally want around a k to do the tank and feed to the property

agree then only option or direct cylinder and storage heaters

Last edited:
I have some holiday lets in N Cornwall that are beyond the nat gas main this is my attitude
after a decade
1. No Lpg....unless a big tank ...no bottles....reason at the end
2. Oil ..Kerosene fine with big tank...reason at the end
3. Coal Wood etc NOT for main heating many people cant even light a fire and be expected to get it going after a long journey ...holiday makers want to holiday
but maybe a display stove for them to play with....your cleaner will NOT love you
4. Electricity ...everybody knows about this stuff esp. for water and heating.
At the END set the prices to cover option 4 ....people on holiday just want to walk in and
have a holiday. ....Been at this game a long time with many happy customers
centralheating....I could elabourate and they cannot touch you for this in public

Reply to Multi Fuel/Boiler Stove Installation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock