Search the forum,

Discuss Mr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jerrymic

Hi I wonder if someone can help when I switch my central heating on I get hot water flowing into my header tank it does not overflow and stays at the same level it is causing the beams in the loft to get wet from condensation I have had two plumbers look at it and both do not know what is causing it some plumbers you may ask "can you help"

Well if it has just started happening ,sounds as though your system is blocking up,restricting pump and needs cleaning out
You could turn the pump speed down first as someone may have increased the speed, also your vent pipework may require increasing in hight or pump moved, if you have had a pump change, it could have been put in the wrong way round
something’s for you to be going on with :(:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi yes I have done some work recently I have put in a new supply tank. Not the header tank
On the central heating side I had the wireless sender and receiver changed as the central heating would not work, first of all I changed the three way motorised valve as I was advised that was the problem I only changed the motorised part
When the boiler fires up it is only onfor a couple of mins and it makes a swishing sound then cuts out I have bled the system but nothing works as soon as I turn the central heating on water starts to trickle in to the central heating tank then gets very hot

Well if it has just started happening ,sounds as though your system is blocking up,restricting pump and needs cleaning out
You could turn the pump speed down first as someone may have increased the speed, also your vent pipework may require increasing in hight or pump moved, if you have had a pump change, it could have been put in the wrong way round
something’s for you to be going on with :(:)

I have not had a pump change the pump speed is on low and the vent pipe is as high as I can put it all I have changed is the main supply tank the motor on the three way valve and the Wirefree controls as the central heating would not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock