Discuss mr magpie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

george lowrey

hi guys this is my first post and i will get straight to the poinit i live in a 3 bed bungalow with 10 rads my boiler is 16 years old can any one recommend a good one for me

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hi george lowrey and welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk!

Re: Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumb

call in your local plumbers and see what they say as they will be putting the boiler in for you and they will have their favourite makes

hi guys this is my first post and i will get straight to the poinit i live in a 3 bed bungalow with 10 rads my boiler is 16 years old can any one recommend a good one for me
Start saving for your next boiler now though because the one you are about to install is pretty unlikely to last the same 16 yrs as your current one imho ( i hope I'm wrong)

Re: Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumb

call in your local plumbers and see what they say as they will be putting the boiler in for you and they will have their favourite makes
many thanks that sounds like good advice

Lots of good boilers out there ,every plumbers has his favorite,best let us know the one you are thinking of and we can rate it for you :)

hi the boilers i have been looking at are ideal logic+ and the baxi platinum

hi the boilers i have been looking at are ideal logic+ and the baxi platinum

Do you have a combi fitted now or system boiler?

however the logic is made by ideal and considering they seem to have lost their way over the last quite a few years in the domestic market would only give 4 out of 10

Baxi are a industry leader and have just joined forces with Broag Remaha,another excellent boiler manufacturer ,so the Baxi Platinum gets a 8 out of 10

Both boilers have a 5 year cover parts and labour and although strict rules have to be kept during this time

You will find Baxi have given because they feel boiler will have no problems

You will find Ideal have given because they need to,to try to improve sales

Ideal was a good northern company,who I would love to use but can not,how long it can go on producing appliances like they do,I do not know :(

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks i think i will go with the baxi platinum will let you know how i get on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to mr magpie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock