Discuss Moving hot water cylinder downstairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markie sparky

Hi Everyone - Hope you can help

I want to relocate my boiler to a new utility which will be located at the rear of an attached garage (all insulated etc) I am also considering if possible moving the hot water cylinder to the same area. The bottom of the boiler would be approx the same height as the top of the cylinder. the existing header tanks would be relocated accross the loft to be closer to the cylinder however, the run between cylinder and headers would still be about 7mtrs, would that be OK for the vent pipes?. The pump would be at the very bottom of the system (below the bottom of the downstairs radiators) Would the pump still provide adequete flow to upstairs and downstairs rads? Would the hot water flow to the upstairs bathroom sink be improved due to the extra head of water or would it be worse due to climbing up a floor? Would the hot water flow to the downstairs kitchen sink be ok? I also want to fit a shower pump close to the cylinder - would that still work well given that it will now have to pump up about 4mtrs to the shower in the bathroom?

I know that the obvious choice would be a combi but we had one in our old house and it failed 4 times in 2 years thus leaving us with no hot water and heating - i love the back up of an immersion heater and would prefer to keep it.

Any ideas and opinions gratefully received.

Markie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Moving hot water cylinder downstairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock