Discuss Moving a Cooker Gas Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I’ll try and be brief but also bare in mind I am trying to be as clear as possible to explain what I am asking.

So, moving into a house. Want to fit a dishwasher into the space shown. It’s fine it measures 60 wide, no problem. But it isn’t deep enough.

The sole reason is there is a gas pipe in the way. I’ve attached 3 photos.

Image 1: showing the cupboard it needs fitting and the pipe.
Image 3:The other the current setup inside the cupboard.
Image 2 This photo shows where the pipe comes out (from the cooker) and shows the back of the cupboard (this can come out, if needs be) and the also shows the gap behind where the cupboard ends and the brick wall is.

So here’s my question, can we move the gas pipe so it comes out of the back of the cooker, straight into behind where the current back of the cupboard is and fits where it needs to be. If we can do this we can fit on the depth required for a dishwasher and then plum it into the sink that’s is just out of view.

Is that possible? I don’t mind if we still have a similar setup but it is further back on the wall. The depth of the pipe is the issue, not the setup.

194C19F1-AF0E-4F5C-BDEE-24BC147DAFA7.jpeg

5C88B3C8-327D-4E38-9438-33CF08A5A11D.jpeg

D65A2B70-D57E-478A-95B2-444A1ACC8460.jpeg

The answer is yes, valve can be behind oven but you will lose the corner part of unit and to stay within regs you will either need a GSR engineer, convince yourself your competent enough or become a statistic hope this helps

The answer is yes, valve can be behind oven but you will lose the corner part of unit and to stay within regs you will either need a GSR engineer, convince yourself your competent enough or become a statistic hope this helps

I would burn cereal. I won’t be touching it! It’s just seeing if it’s possible to have a gas engineer such as yourself to do it.

Are you Gas safe registered mate?

If it helps here is a photo looking down behind the unit.

One thing I am wondering is can it someone (safe and registered) fit a pipe that is shorter (where it connects to the wall) - with a stopper facing sideways (rather than fromtways) and just lead it into the back of the cooker where it needs to be.

Remember from my first post - the whole unit is coming out that’s not the issue. We just need the extra depth to fit in a standard dishwasher and where the cupboard ends (imagine 2 with the hole top right) is the depth needed.

Once again, I am asking is this is possible. I am not going to do it myself.

E38ABB69-FE43-47A3-AAE7-90D970DF82F4.jpeg

Picture isn’t clear But from what I can guess is pipe is leading from behind the dead space in the corner which you will lose doing away with unit anyway

Picture isn’t clear But from what I can guess is pipe is leading from behind the dead space in the corner which you will lose doing away with unit anyway
Thanks for your help so far- could you clarify this response? The pic is the pipe from behind the cabinet - it comes out through the middle of the cabinet. It then goes up and bends right toward the gas oven/cooker.

33A938E9-693F-417E-BEA6-6065B280AA52.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Moving a Cooker Gas Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock