Discuss Motorised valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slug

every time i turn on just the hot water the radiators heat up as well someone said its the motorised valve is this true

We need to know more, what type of boiler [ make model & system type]?

What type of valving have you? 1 3port valve - 3 pipes going to it? or 2 2port valves - 2 pipes going to it? What make are the valves? Can you post a picture?

But yeah, if you've a 3pv then it could very well pass.

could be the fault of the 3 port but does sound more like a wiing fault, has it always been like this since it was installed or just recently?

Just the motor inside it. Cost say around £15 for the part (half hour). The actuator (metal box) is around £50 (one hour). If it's the whole thing you're looking at around £90 (drain down and refill around 3 hours).

9 times out of 10 it's just the motor. Then 9 times out of 10 it's the actuator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Motorised valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock