Discuss Most scandalous CH quote yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Browsing a certain money saving forum purely for laughs and came across this amazing CH quote with full breakdown of costs... enjoy!

value.png

Full Central heating install BG Quote - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

It's a little high, what's shocking is the number of people who go for such quotes. Sadly they don't realise it's a local subby who's does the work for peanuts who could have done the same install for a lot less money if contacted directly.

Love the Dr.Evil but in all fairness if the house is in London this is kinda the standard price. Done a job 2 years ago all new rads, 6 beds mansion all new pipe.. BG quoted 12k we got the job for 10k. Soon as you step into those kind of properties or see whats in their garage the dollar signs cloud your eyes! What makes me laugh is considering the scope of the project they mention the "very tight budget". Its like saying I want a rolls royce but my budget is very tight..

Out if interest houw much would you charge for this job and which part of the country you based in?

Last edited:
Love the Dr.Evil but in all fairness if the house is in London this is kinda the standard price. Done a job 2 years ago all new rads, 6 beds mansion all new pipe.. BG quoted 12k we got the job for 10k. Soon as you step into those kind of properties or see whats in their garage the dollar signs cloud your eyes!
Out if interest houw much would you charge for this job and which part of the country you based in?

4bed semi detached does not equal a 6 bed mansion.

It's pointless guessing prices on a forum without good knowledge of a property.

4bed detached does not equal a 6 bed mansion.

It's pointless guessing prices on a forum without good knowledge of a property.

Indeed and a 4 bed semi in one part of country is worth a big arse mansion in another..

Cant see cost of the building being an issue as to the cost of the system, a boiler costs the same etc....

Love the Dr.Evil but in all fairness if the house is in London this is kinda the standard price. Done a job 2 years ago all new rads, 6 beds mansion all new pipe.. BG quoted 12k we got the job for 10k. Soon as you step into those kind of properties or see whats in their garage the dollar signs cloud your eyes! What makes me laugh is considering the scope of the project they mention the "very tight budget". Its like saying I want a rolls royce but my budget is very tight..

Well I don't know really as I haven't seen the job but this line from the quote has got to be taking the urine has it not?

"Connect boiler condense pipe £166.03"

Well I don't know really as I haven't seen the job but this line from the quote has got to be taking the urine has it not?

"Connect boiler condense pipe £166.03"

Every penny is justified!

Did anyone else notice they charged twice for the flue terminal, and also charged for part P and then charged for fitting a fused spur.

Im struggling to find the scandelous price ? Sooo many people pay the prices because they think theybe got piece of mind etc with big company. And they think surely they wont be ripping me off.

Yeah it's a bit on the ed high side me thinks, lol

can someone tell me why a large rad is £130 pound more than a medium rad as I can't see the difference apart from a bit of copper

can someone tell me why a large rad is £130 pound more than a medium rad as I can't see the difference apart from a bit of copper

if the rads are made of copper, that would explain the prices quoted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Most scandalous CH quote yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm not a plumber (but God knows I wished I took a plumbing apprenticeship rather than aerospace engineering). Sorry about this novel...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am so glad I found this forum whilst looking for advice on the net. I am not a plumber as such but I do know a thing or two about DIY...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi Since I started doing plumbing and heating and joined this forum, I have learnt a lot and had a lot of help from people on this forum. I have...
Replies
Views
Back