Search the forum,

Discuss Monobloc tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi can anyone recommend a good brand of monobloc kitchen tap thanks

Franke ...Bristan are good in my opinion but others here will have their own preferences...regards Turnpin:D

I repair a lot of monobloc kitchen taps and I find some of Franke taps absolute tat. Add to that they aren't cheap.
Some of the cheaper unbranded taps are decent.

The secret of a good tap is in its weight. Most taps now are more zinc than brass so BEWARE lightweight taps as they will corrode so badly they will be impossible to repair.
Always ask the manufacturer, NOT retailer, for its composition. "Is it made of solid brass?" If it is, then choose one with separate hot and cold valves as they will keep going for ever.
Remember, many now intimate it's made of brass... The phrase 'morally corrupt' pops into my head for some reason...

I believe it's not just the tap itself but also down to the installer. How often you get called out because of twisted flexible hoses or poor installed taps. I totally agree with paying a little more for a decent brand than going cheap for £20/£30.

Me, personally I am not going cheap anymore in terms of everything in life. I'd rather pay a lot more but having quality and no hassle. But that's me, I am not talking about others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Monobloc tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello I have a Franke Planar Kitchen tap and it’s got a leak. One drop per minute. I’ve been on YouTube and seen that there are grub screws to remove, first for the handle, then once that is off the square piece between the handle and the tap body to get the cartridge for replacement. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
W
I have an Moretti Aria monobloc kitchen tap with solid tap heads and no grub screws on the tap body. How do I gain access to change the cartridges please?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
B
Hi I have a monobloc mixer tap which is 18mths old. a leak appeared underneath in the cupboard which looked to be coming from the flexi tail M8 end I replaced the new tails but when connecting up (hand tight)the leak is worse, is this a tail issue or could it be a cartridge perhaps, I have used...
Replies
Views
I had a plumber fit a new mono block kitchen tap. The water runs very slowly now. Also, not sure if this is to do with it, but my hot water doesn’t get as hot as it did with my old tap. Anyone help?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock