Discuss Monarch nozzle 4.00 45PLP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Went to service 2 boilers today, but they were not what I was expecting. Side by side, one as back up, they were big orange jobs with Nuway burners on the front. I've never worked on big ones like that and certainly don't carry parts. On the top were, thank fully, the old nozzle pots 4.00 45PLP.
I know you can swap the PLP out for a Danfoss B but where to get them from in that size? Also any advice on how to handle the big blighters?

Oh and I'm pretty sure they said Avon Number Two on the cases.

Thanks

The nu ways. Are they single or 2 stage burners? On an Avon 2 I think they're bottom end 2 stage.

NOL 23-25..........

Whooooa there....think I'm yet of my depth here, never even heard of two stage burners. Think I need to find the mi's and read how to service them.....how embarrassing ;-)
From memory they looked like a regular burner, perhaps a little longer. I would have taken a photo except custard was there and I didn't want to look too ignorant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two stage burners are pretty straight forward. First one I saw puzzled me for a while. That's if it's what I think it is :) Twin coil pump?

Two stage burners are pretty straight forward. First one I saw puzzled me for a while. That's if it's what I think it is :) Twin coil pump?
On the Rayburn I upgraded last month I put a twin coil pump, that was a soft start (460k into a 499k). If thats all it is then thats no bother.

There's a difference between soft start and 2 stage. Soft start burners, such as the riello G20s, do just that to enable you to set a better main flame which could possibly start with a bump if allowed.

whereas 2 stage when coupled with a changeover stat give you rudimentry modulation.

But if they're nuway nol 5-9 I'd advise your custard to consider replacing them as they're no longer supported. had a nozzle tube crack on one a few weeks ago. no longer stocked, new burner installed!

I wont even go into the first time i worked on a two stage burner, safe to say i was pig ignorent to the second nozzle.

that was dartford tunnels main offices.
got a call back when black smoke was billowing out of one of the flues........

Be careful if they are two stage as there is a little more setting up involved.... especially like the riello tl70's you need to set first on stage one and then adjust air etc when both nozzles are firing ie. second stage..... some burners drop down on to one stage when they reach temp so its worth making sure they are correct on both stages!!:cool3:

OK, went to service these 2 bad boys this morning and only got one done, and managed to break it....

The phial came off the capilliary tube on the control stat...aaargh. Just literally fell off in my hand. I called Potterton Commercial who cant help.

Anyone got any ideas? Im sure theres a standard item out there, its only a stat..

Thanks.

OK, went to service these 2 bad boys this morning and only got one done, and managed to break it....

The phial came off the capilliary tube on the control stat...aaargh. Just literally fell off in my hand. I called Potterton Commercial who cant help.

Anyone got any ideas? Im sure theres a standard item out there, its only a stat..

Thanks.

You spoke to the commercial boys in potterton?

Did you get sorted out? I may have some of that size.

A universal control stat will do t'job.....

Otherwise you're about to sell them a new boiler as Potterton ceased production of the Avon 2 in 1994.......

PartsArena

Potterton don't have a very good reputation because of the Suprima boilers which are notorious for circuit board failure and Potterton has become an "in" joke amongst installers.

Potterton don't have a very good reputation because of the Suprima boilers which are notorious for circuit board failure and Potterton has become an "in" joke amongst installers.

Their domestic boilers maybe, their commercial boilers are market leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Monarch nozzle 4.00 45PLP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock