Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer Tap leaking and will only sometimes turn on in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Please could someone give me some advice?

I have a mixer tap in the kitchen. The hot tap turns on and works perfectly fine. It is the type of tap with the cross handles that you twist to put on.

The cold tap handle turns freely as it should but I have to turn it on and off sometimes once and sometimes 10 times for it to start running.

When the water does not come out of the cold tap the handle feels very loose but when it does come out the handle does then not feel feels normal and as it should.

Also there is a leak coming from only this coldwater side where the main tap body and the valve cover (i think its called this) meet.

Please could anyone advise me how to fix it? as I'm no plumber.

Sounds like the cartridge has broken do you know the branding of the tap if you don’t best to change the tap

Reply to Mixer Tap leaking and will only sometimes turn on in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
I have a kitchen mixer tap with quarter turn levers and the cold side started dripping. I took out the ceramic valve and replaced it with one from Screwfix but it hasn’t solved the problem it still drips. Could it be a dodgy valve or is it something else? Thanks
Replies
Views
I’ve cleaned the grooves and tightened the grub screw at the bottom, but this tap handle (on the right of the photo) just won’t stay put. When turning the water off it either drops back or comes off. I suspect the problem may be with the screw, which doesn’t seem to move much. How might I get...
Replies
Views
I have a slow leak in the bath. Its a mixer type set up. I'm unfamiliar with the tap handles and how to access the cartridges etc. If I can work out the product name/brand/type then I can work out how to remove the tap handles (no obvious indices so presuming they pull off some how). Would...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock